Thursday, August 09, 2007

Woman Power

In a land where Muslim women are literally kept under wraps, this woman really stands out. Majda al-Bahr, is a Muslim taxi driver, that too in Jerusalem. That is something remarkable and her courage is outstanding.
On my trip to Israel, I ended up going to Jerusalem with a young Israeli Arab as my guide. At the end of the day, we became very pally and he showed me his wife's photograph. But he would not show it to any of the guys in our group claiming only his family members are allowed to see her and no other male can look at her. At first I thought he was kidding. But he was not. (And believe me - She was HOT! ;) ) That is when I got a taste of how conservative these people are.
Need I say more? Read this to know what I am talking about. Hats off to Majda!

No comments:

Powered By Blogger